This is one of my favorites and its a very simple recipe.
I sometimes make it in a loaf pan or use the muffin pans.
Also sometimes your local grocery store will discount the bananas when they start going overripe.
I'm eating a piece as I'm typing this..mmm
This is what you need
- 2 cups of flour ( I use whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups of overripe bananas
A trick to ripen your bananas faster is to place them in a brown paper bag.
Also I added semi sweet chocolate chips to my banana bread for a sweet treat, you can add walnuts or leave it plain.
Here are the directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan, or use a muffin pan and cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. I use the potato masher to mash the bananas.
4. Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture.
5. Stir just until moisten. Add nuts or chocolate chips if wanted. Then pour the batter into a loaf or muffin pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Then when its ready
Cut and eat a slice or two.......I made this last night and I can tell you that this loaf is already gone, between the kids and my other half it never last long in this house. Good thing I have more bananas.
I usually like to double the recipe and do a loaf and muffins, this way the muffins are easy to give the kids for a snack on the go.
Well I hope you enjoy this and make some banana bread!
Here is a little sneak peak of what I and the other half helped a little today
I'll tell you more on this Friday
Along with my first ever Link Party!!!!
Come Link up one of your creations here
I'm linking to these great blogs