Almost Done


I'm glad the kids are back to school and I can get back to my normal work schedule. It was a bit difficult since it was raining all morning but I work on the slipcover for the couch for most of the day. I took my time on this one. I'm getting better at sewing slipcovers although I did skip on the welting. I know it looks nicer but I wasn't in the mood to deal with it.  

I'm also still so knew to this blogger interface, I was comfortable with the old. 

 This is what I've done so far with the slip-covering


 I actually have the piece attached for the seat and I've started pinning the skirt to the bottom already.

It wont be as wrinkly when I'm done..hopefully

The first piece I cut was the piece for the front and back then added the arm and sewed the two pieces together. The arms are the most difficult for me so I did that next. One at a time taking my time.


and lots of pinning

I basically pin the fabric in place to the couch all over so nothing moves and everything is in its place. Then I pin the fabric around the arms and cut the extra around the shape of the arm. I then cut a piece to math the flat part of the arm and pin and sewed. I didn't mess up much just once.

I can't wait to finish it. Unfortunately I'm going to do labor work tomorrow with my guy for the day but I'm going to try and work on it tomorrow night.

I haven't painted in the past few days either which I'm starting to feel guilty. Wednesday and Thursday are my "have to" paint days this week.

I'll share the finished slip-covered couch by the end of this week. If nothing else comes up.

Photobucket