Since working on Harper's nursery we had to change the mudroom to make an opening for her door. This way we can see her room from ours. We had to remove the cabinets and the built in bench. Even though we have more room we will only have a small corner for hooks and a bench.
This also means we need to repaint the entire room and since that needs to happen we also need to repaint the door and trim. Between Harper's room and the mudroom I will be painting for days.
As for what I want to do in this space, I'm struggling on decisions. So I search Pinterest for ideas for small mudrooms and I found a bunch I really like and that would fit our budget.
From the top left to right these are some pretty amazing small mudrooms, entry way and area for coats and shoes.
1. I'm really loving the black painted door and gray walls in this space by Brooke Wagner Design. If you see that I painted my door to the garage white...big mistake. Between the kids and the dog it looks horrible now. Souce.
2. This little corner mudroom is basically the same size of where our bench and coat hooks will go. I like the idea of a built in bench and the shelf. Source.
3. I love this wood bench by Jones Design Company and the black door again. I'm up in the air on a built in or small bench.
4. In Freckles mini mudroom I love the detail and the cute fox hooks.
5. In this little space by The House of Wood I like the hooks on the top and bottom.
6. I pinned this one for the plans for the simple wood bench by Diy On the Cheap. This would be a easy build and I could stick baskets underneath.
7. I think all the coat hooks in this space by Boxy Colonial would be very helpful for our family of 7...and dog.
8. I really love these large hooks and the small shelf in this small space by Modern Jane.
have a lot to think about and the biggest problem for me is choosing paint colors. I want to stick with neutrals and light colors for walls and definitely think about going dark for the door. I will share the process along the way.
Before I end this post lets take a look at how my mudroom looked after painting it and the door a few years ago.
You can read that blog post here.